CITY COMPTROLLER’S OFFICE DESCRIPTION
The Comptroller’s Office is responsible for all financial and accounting functions of the City.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Annual budget preparation
- Annual tax levy preparation
- Maintenance of all General Ledger accounts
- Processes all cash disbursements
- Issues and processes purchase orders
- Sends out and receives all RFP’s/bids
- Administration of the City’s Risk Management Program
- Liability and property claims
- Loss prevention/safety programs
- Utility billing
- Co-ordinates with outside auditing firm for the annual audit
The Comptroller’s Office continually strives for accuracy, honesty, accountability, transparency, and efficiency to provide the best service possible for employees and the public.