Landscape waste shall be collected at the curbside of all residential units on a once-a-week basis during the months of April-November. Per Republic/Allied, the City’s contracted waste hauler, this is what you will need to do to make sure your yard waste is picked up:
1. Containers to be used for the collection of landscape waste shall be thirty (30) gallon, two (2) ply kraft paper bags or containers with a capacity of thirty-four (34) gallons or less.
2. Containers must be marked with a red “x”.
3. No plastic bags or boxes of any kind shall be allowed.
4. Both the bags and containers can’t exceed 60 lbs.
5. Bundles of brush or limbs, provided the bundles don’t exceed a weight of 60lbs per bundle, are not more than four (4) feet in length, don’t contain limbs greater than three (3) inches in diameter, and are tied with biodegradable string/twine.
If you have any questions, you can contact Republic/Allied directly at their Edwardsville phone number: 618-656-6883.