Chief Marcos Pulido is 44 years old and is a 22-year veteran of the Alton Police Department. He grew up in Godfrey / Alton and graduated from Alton High School in 1996. His love for law enforcement began as an Alton Police Department Law Enforcement Explorer, where he participated in ride alongs from the age of 16 years to 21.
Chief Pulido was hired by the Alton Police Department at 22 years old. He was a Patrol Officer for approximately 4 ½ years, at which point he became a Detective with the Criminal Investigations Division. From that point, he was a Detective for several years and then joined the Street Crimes Unit for several years. Chief Pulido then returned to become a Detective and eventually became a Detective Supervisor, also supervising the Narcotics Unit. He was a Detective for approximately 13 years.
Chief Pulido has also been:
– Supervisor with the Major Case Squad of Greater St. Louis
– An investigator with the Illinois Child Death Task Force
– Crisis Negotiator for the Alton Police Department
– Crisis Negotiator for a regional Special Response Team (ILEAS)
– Deputized Task Force Officer with the FBI
– State-certified Juvenile Officer
– Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Officer
Chief Pulido became the Deputy Chief of Police (Assistant Chief of Police) in August 2019, and subsequently became the Chief of Police in October 2020.
Chief Pulido lives in the community and has 1 adult son. His hobbies include working out, eating pizza and wings, and embracing his Hispanic heritage by randomly dancing to Latin music (Seriously!)